Forget presidential hair, or sweater vests, the real cultish standout on the campaign trail is the GOP's stalwart libertarian, Ron Paul. The Texas congressman "doesn't have supporters," says Kenneth Rapoza at Forbes, "he has fans." From Iowa to New Hampshire and beyond, this rabid fan base rallies loud and proud for its rock-star candidate. Here, a look at Paul's remarkably devoted following.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
Subscribe to the Week