The Super Bowl of Hollywood is upon us. The 2012 Academy Award nominations were announced Tuesday morning, and Martin Scorsese's nostalgic 3D romp Hugo and the charming silent film The Artist scored the most nods, with 11 and 10, respectively. The full slate of nominations boasts plenty of oversights and surprises — of both the delightful and dismaying nature. Here, a look at those garnering the most buzz:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- What if The Purge was real?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
Subscribe to the Week