The Super Bowl of Hollywood is upon us. The 2012 Academy Award nominations were announced Tuesday morning, and Martin Scorsese's nostalgic 3D romp Hugo and the charming silent film The Artist scored the most nods, with 11 and 10, respectively. The full slate of nominations boasts plenty of oversights and surprises — of both the delightful and dismaying nature. Here, a look at those garnering the most buzz:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- Do you need to be crazy to be the best?
Subscribe to the Week