"No nipples!" Madonna promised in promoting her gig as this year's Super Bowl halftime show performer. But that's not to say that Her Madgesty isn't courting controversy. Some critics, for instance, are concerned over rumors that Madonna is "bringing gay to the Super Bowl," intentionally pushing the envelope in front of a relatively conservative audience — adding to a long list of past halftime show controversies.
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- The secrets of happy families
- 7 enduring lessons from It's a Wonderful Life
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Do Americans still believe in the American Dream?
Subscribe to the Week