"No nipples!" Madonna promised in promoting her gig as this year's Super Bowl halftime show performer. But that's not to say that Her Madgesty isn't courting controversy. Some critics, for instance, are concerned over rumors that Madonna is "bringing gay to the Super Bowl," intentionally pushing the envelope in front of a relatively conservative audience — adding to a long list of past halftime show controversies.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
Subscribe to the Week