GOOD DAY FOR:
A grafitti artist who opted to be paid in shares for painting Facebook's Palo Alto headquarters back in 2005 may be coming into $200 million with the filing of Facebook's IPO. [The Daily What]
Eating your veggies
First Lady and healthy eating advocate Michelle Obama beats Ellen Degeneres in a push-up contest, 25 to 20. [BuzzFeed]
A treasure hunter from Maine finds the wreck of a British merchant ship thought to be carrying more than $3 billion in platinum bars. [Huffington Post]
BAD DAY FOR:
A new survey from Match.com says owners of Android phones are more likely to have sex on the first date than iPhone owners. [San Francisco Chronicle]
A new report confirms that the fast-food restaurant was the source of a Salmonella outbreak that sickened at least 68 people last year. [The Consumerist]
Susan G. Komen
After the Susan G. Komen Foundation opts to cut its funding of Planned Parenthood, its website is hacked to read "Help us run over poor women on our way to the bank." [Newser]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: February 1, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Rise of the machines
Subscribe to the Week