OOD DAY FOR:
A man who won $50,000 after betting that the first score of the Super Bowl would be a Giants safety vows to give his winnings to charity. [Huffington Post]
Walmart rolls out new "Great For You" labels that will be displayed on healthy food items to entice buyers to buy more fruits and veggies. [The Consumerist]
Pennsylvania's Shippensburg University starts offering students the emergency contraception pill Plan B through a vending machine. [The Daily What]
BAD DAY FOR:
Boastful male drivers
A new study shows that women are better than men at parking cars. [Discovery News]
Knowing who's on your team
A spectator at the ticker-tape parade celebrating the New York Giants Super Bowl win tells a reporter that she came out to see New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez. [Business Insider]
A beloved Hollywood dog
Trainers reveal that Uggie, the retiring canine star of the hit movie The Artist, has a mysterious neurological disorder that causes him to shake. [Newser]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: February 6, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why is American internet so slow?
Subscribe to the Week