GOOD DAY FOR:
A man who won $50,000 after betting that the first score of the Super Bowl would be a Giants safety vows to give his winnings to charity. [Huffington Post]
Walmart rolls out new "Great For You" labels that will be displayed on healthy food items to entice buyers to buy more fruits and veggies. [The Consumerist]
Pennsylvania's Shippensburg University starts offering students the emergency contraception pill Plan B through a vending machine. [The Daily What]
BAD DAY FOR:
Boastful male drivers
A new study shows that women are better than men at parking cars. [Discovery News]
Knowing who's on your team
A spectator at the ticker-tape parade celebrating the New York Giants Super Bowl win tells a reporter that she came out to see New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez. [Business Insider]
A beloved Hollywood dog
Trainers reveal that Uggie, the retiring canine star of the hit movie The Artist, has a mysterious neurological disorder that causes him to shake. [Newser]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: February 6, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 10 things you need to know today: November 26, 2014
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
Subscribe to the Week