Welcome to The Week's "What Next?" contest, an invitation to test your powers of imagination with challenges inspired by current events.
Last week's question: A British tourist was handcuffed and barred from entering the U.S. after tweeting he planned to "destroy America." As he unsuccessfully tried to explain to special agents, "to destroy" means "to party quite hard." We asked you to come up with an innocent tweet might also be misinterpreted if intercepted by the government.
THE WINNER: Let's shoot the pilot in LA or NYC. — Lorne
Daniel Boffey, Acworth, GA
SECOND PLACE: So glad we killed those patriots — let;s do it again next year!
Cali Preston, Perry Hall, MD
THIRD PLACE: Flying in tonight. Will crash in New York.
Andy Stritch, Quebec, Canada
The seat by the emergency exit row is the bomb!
Patrick Walsh, Los Angeles, CA
I only have a little time left to kill here.
Jeffrey Contompasis, Ashburn, VA
I'm wired to the max.
Mort Oakes, Dover, PA
Let's nuke some Chinese tonight.
Amy Lo, San Francisco, CA
I'm going to have a blast.
John Roper, Los Gatos, CA
I'm out for some dead presidents.
Ken Donvan, Pawcatuck, CT
So pleased with the guy who's helping me take out those two old bushes.
Sarah Hunt, Los Angeles, CA
Going to make a killing on Wall Street.
Donald White, Cortland, NY
Check out my killer app!
Raymond Smith, Lynn, MA
I got something in my underpants that's smoking!
Kristin Borsenik, Northville, MI
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Israel's quiet doomsday submarines are almost ready
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
Subscribe to the Week