OOD DAY FOR:
Kicking and screaming
Security cameras catch a 7-year-old girl successfully fighting off a would-be kidnapper in Walmart. [Opposing Views]
Lovers who love carbs
Pizza Hut offers $10,010 engagement packages, complete with ruby ring, limo service, fireworks, a photographer, and a $10 Pizza Hut dinner box (including a pizza, breadsticks and cinnamon sticks). [The Daily What]
Chinese worker rights
More than 250,000 Apple users sign two petitions demanding that Foxconn, the world's largest electronics manufacturing company, improve working conditions for employees. [The Consumerist]
BAD DAY FOR:
Love at first click
A study concludes that online dating is no more likely to produce stronger long-term relationships than meeting someone in a bar. [The Daily]
A new poll shows that 43 percent of Americans would be happy to replace their Congressional representatives with random strangers. [Business Insider]
A new ordinance bans beach-goers from throwing anything other than a beachball or volleyball on Los Angeles beaches between Memorial Day and Labor Day. [Newser]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: February 8, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Attack of the invasive species
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
Subscribe to the Week