OOD DAY FOR:
Divers rescue a little boy's teddy bear from the depths of the sunken Costa Concordia cruise ship after the boy's father reported his son couldn't sleep without it. [Newser]
A study finds that people who say that they "feel well," as opposed to complaining about their health, have a lower risk of dying prematurely. [Daily Mail]
Crisply rendered Angry Birds
An anonymous Apple employee says Apple's next iPad will have a "truly amazing" screen. [Business Insider]
BAD DAY FOR:
New York City's Department of Environmental Protection announces it will offer tours of its sewage treatment plant on Valentine's Day. [Huffington Post]
A man takes a gun to his daughter's laptop after she posted a Facebook status update complaining about her chores. [Mashable]
Doping and driving
New research suggests that driving while under the influence of marijuana nearly doubles the risk of a fatal accident. [TIME]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: February 9, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
Subscribe to the Week