GOOD DAY FOR:
Divers rescue a little boy's teddy bear from the depths of the sunken Costa Concordia cruise ship after the boy's father reported his son couldn't sleep without it. [Newser]
A study finds that people who say that they "feel well," as opposed to complaining about their health, have a lower risk of dying prematurely. [Daily Mail]
Crisply rendered Angry Birds
An anonymous Apple employee says Apple's next iPad will have a "truly amazing" screen. [Business Insider]
BAD DAY FOR:
New York City's Department of Environmental Protection announces it will offer tours of its sewage treatment plant on Valentine's Day. [Huffington Post]
A man takes a gun to his daughter's laptop after she posted a Facebook status update complaining about her chores. [Mashable]
Doping and driving
New research suggests that driving while under the influence of marijuana nearly doubles the risk of a fatal accident. [TIME]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: February 9, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
Subscribe to the Week