OOD DAY FOR:
The domestic doyenne's chow chow, Ghenghis Khan, wins best in his breed at the Westminster Dog Show. [BuzzFeed]
Working from home
A new study finds that people who work long hours in the office have increased levels of toxic chemicals in their blood. [Discovery News]
A Chinese zoo announces the engagement of an inseparable ram and deer. The two will be "married" on Valentine's Day. [Newser]
BAD DAY FOR:
Untimely price hikes
Critics savage Apple after the tech giant increases the cost of Whitney Houston's albums on iTunes a mere 30 minutes after news of her death broke. [Opposing Views]
The living dead
A South Carolina man is denied a loan for a new home because Bank of America reported him dead in 2009. [The Consumerist]
A barrage of tweets from youngsters watching the Grammys suggest that many of them don't know who Paul McCartney is. [The Daily What]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: February 11, 2012
- Mexico's unluckiest thieves stole enough radioactive waste to make a dirty bomb
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- Are differences in IQ to blame for income inequality?
- How to dramatically improve your memory
- No, Obama doesn't have to fire everybody in the White House
Subscribe to the Week