OOD DAY FOR:
The domestic doyenne's chow chow, Ghenghis Khan, wins best in his breed at the Westminster Dog Show. [BuzzFeed]
Working from home
A new study finds that people who work long hours in the office have increased levels of toxic chemicals in their blood. [Discovery News]
A Chinese zoo announces the engagement of an inseparable ram and deer. The two will be "married" on Valentine's Day. [Newser]
BAD DAY FOR:
Untimely price hikes
Critics savage Apple after the tech giant increases the cost of Whitney Houston's albums on iTunes a mere 30 minutes after news of her death broke. [Opposing Views]
The living dead
A South Carolina man is denied a loan for a new home because Bank of America reported him dead in 2009. [The Consumerist]
A barrage of tweets from youngsters watching the Grammys suggest that many of them don't know who Paul McCartney is. [The Daily What]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: February 11, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 10 things you need to know today: March 10, 2014
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
Subscribe to the Week