OOD DAY FOR:
The celebrity chef discovers hidden treasures worth $1.8 million while renovating the basement of his new restaurant in Manchester, England. The loot includes rare master tapes by the bands Joy Division and New Order. [Death & Taxes]
Jeremy Lin fanatics
Nike releases preview images of an upcoming shoe dedicated to the New York Knicks' surprise superstar. [Opposing Views]
Obama's reelection chances
A new Gallup index says Americans rated their own well-being higher in January of 2012 than in any month since early 2010. [UPI.com]
BAD DAY FOR:
San Diego police engage in a two-hour armed standoff with a roadside vehicle before realizing the car was empty. [Huffington Post]
Bristol Palin is caught using Craigslist to beg people to attend her Washington, D.C., book signing. [Newser]
The power of love
Over 15,000 residents in Southern California recover from a power outage caused by a wayward Valentine's Day balloon. [The Daily What]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: February 14, 2012
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The Black Death is back
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Instagram might be ruining our memories. Here's why that's a good thing.
Subscribe to the Week