OOD DAY FOR:
After trying to keep it a secret, Prince William and Kate Middleton go public with the name of their cocker spaniel puppy: Lupo. [Global Post]
Striking it rich
A 12.76-carat pink diamond is unearthed in western Australia. The stone, the largest ever discovered in the country, will sell for up to $10.6 million. [Huffington Post]
Displays of drunkenness
A new study suggests that embarrassing Facebook photos may make job applicants more attractive to employers. [Death & Taxes]
BAD DAY FOR:
Traditional teaching methods
A new study shows that students who use iPads in the classroom score better on literacy tests than those who don't. [TIME]
A Brooklyn resident is arrested after leaving a threatening comment about NYPD police commissioner Ray Kelly on a New York news website. [BuzzFeed]
Reports surface that Anne Frank was posthumously baptized by Mormons in the Dominican Republic. [Opposing Views]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: February 21, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
- The odds are 11 million to 1 that you'll die in a plane crash
Subscribe to the Week