GOOD DAY FOR:
After trying to keep it a secret, Prince William and Kate Middleton go public with the name of their cocker spaniel puppy: Lupo. [Global Post]
Striking it rich
A 12.76-carat pink diamond is unearthed in western Australia. The stone, the largest ever discovered in the country, will sell for up to $10.6 million. [Huffington Post]
Displays of drunkenness
A new study suggests that embarrassing Facebook photos may make job applicants more attractive to employers. [Death & Taxes]
BAD DAY FOR:
Traditional teaching methods
A new study shows that students who use iPads in the classroom score better on literacy tests than those who don't. [TIME]
A Brooklyn resident is arrested after leaving a threatening comment about NYPD police commissioner Ray Kelly on a New York news website. [BuzzFeed]
Reports surface that Anne Frank was posthumously baptized by Mormons in the Dominican Republic. [Opposing Views]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: February 21, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- 7 tips for keeping your man (from the 1950s)
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
Subscribe to the Week