OOD DAY FOR:
New stem cell research sheds light on a potential way for women to replenish their supply of eggs, even after their biological clocks have ticked down. [Discovery News]
Less than 24 hours after the Oscars, Angelina Jolie's right leg, which made several flash appearances during the awards show, gets a Twitter account. [TIME]
Uggie the dog
He may not have won for Best Supporting Actor, but the thespian pooch still got an Oscar. [BuzzFeed]
BAD DAY FOR:
Newly released documents suggest that the animal-rights group kills a majority of the animals it takes in at its Virginia headquarters. [Newser]
The world learns that Jan Berenstain, the co-creator of the Berenstain Bear books, passed away on Friday. [The Daily What]
The Knicks overnight sensation discovers he may have to buy the rights to his own name, because a Chinese company trademarked it a year ago "for a measly $700." [Business Insider]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: February 24, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
Subscribe to the Week