GOOD DAY FOR:
The tech giant officially announces an upcoming March 7 event, at which Apple is expected to unveil the iPad 3. [The Loop]
A horse is rescued from a muddy Australian beach after three hours of struggling in mud up to its neck. [The Guardian]
Federal regulators announce a new rule requiring all new cars have rearview cameras by 2014 to prevent drivers from backing up over children. [Newser]
BAD DAY FOR:
Taking home the gold
The winner of the Cowtown Marathon in Fort Worth, Texas, is disqualified because he didn't officially register before running the race. [Yahoo]
The working man
A new study shows that having a bad boss increases an employee's risk of heart attack and heart disease. [TIME]
Researchers say taking sleeping pills can increase a patient's risk of early death by a factor of five. [The Daily Mail]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: February 27, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The case for voting (even if America is a corrupt plutocracy rigged by the rich)
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
Subscribe to the Week