GOOD DAY FOR:
The tech giant officially announces an upcoming March 7 event, at which Apple is expected to unveil the iPad 3. [The Loop]
A horse is rescued from a muddy Australian beach after three hours of struggling in mud up to its neck. [The Guardian]
Federal regulators announce a new rule requiring all new cars have rearview cameras by 2014 to prevent drivers from backing up over children. [Newser]
BAD DAY FOR:
Taking home the gold
The winner of the Cowtown Marathon in Fort Worth, Texas, is disqualified because he didn't officially register before running the race. [Yahoo]
The working man
A new study shows that having a bad boss increases an employee's risk of heart attack and heart disease. [TIME]
Researchers say taking sleeping pills can increase a patient's risk of early death by a factor of five. [The Daily Mail]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: February 27, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 10 things you need to know today: November 26, 2014
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
Subscribe to the Week