GOOD DAY FOR:
The tech giant officially announces an upcoming March 7 event, at which Apple is expected to unveil the iPad 3. [The Loop]
A horse is rescued from a muddy Australian beach after three hours of struggling in mud up to its neck. [The Guardian]
Federal regulators announce a new rule requiring all new cars have rearview cameras by 2014 to prevent drivers from backing up over children. [Newser]
BAD DAY FOR:
Taking home the gold
The winner of the Cowtown Marathon in Fort Worth, Texas, is disqualified because he didn't officially register before running the race. [Yahoo]
The working man
A new study shows that having a bad boss increases an employee's risk of heart attack and heart disease. [TIME]
Researchers say taking sleeping pills can increase a patient's risk of early death by a factor of five. [The Daily Mail]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: February 27, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- Painting the universe's portrait
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
Subscribe to the Week