OOD DAY FOR:
The tech giant officially announces an upcoming March 7 event, at which Apple is expected to unveil the iPad 3. [The Loop]
A horse is rescued from a muddy Australian beach after three hours of struggling in mud up to its neck. [The Guardian]
Federal regulators announce a new rule requiring all new cars have rearview cameras by 2014 to prevent drivers from backing up over children. [Newser]
BAD DAY FOR:
Taking home the gold
The winner of the Cowtown Marathon in Fort Worth, Texas, is disqualified because he didn't officially register before running the race. [Yahoo]
The working man
A new study shows that having a bad boss increases an employee's risk of heart attack and heart disease. [TIME]
Researchers say taking sleeping pills can increase a patient's risk of early death by a factor of five. [The Daily Mail]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: February 27, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Pics or it didn't happen: Millennials are a bunch of selfie-loving skeptics
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
Subscribe to the Week