OOD DAY FOR:
The public sector
A new survey says Americans on the government payroll are among the happiest employees in the workforce. [Forbes]
A Beverly Hills bakery opens the world's first-ever cupcake ATM, dispensing the freshly-baked treats 24 hours a day. [The Daily What]
The Senate rejects an amendment that would have exempted employers with "moral objections" from having to provide employees with health insurance covering birth control. [Washington Post]
BAD DAY FOR:
A new report finds widespread security lapses at NASA, including the loss of a laptop that contained the codes used to control the International Space Station. [Discovery News]
Urging kids to slim down
Disney World closes its controversial childhood obesity exhibit after critics complain that it stigmatizes fat kids. [Associated Press]
Tactless conspiracy theorists allege that President Obama was behind the surprising death of conservative provocateur Andrew Breitbart. [BuzzFeed]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: February 29, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
Subscribe to the Week