GOOD DAY FOR:
The public sector
A new survey says Americans on the government payroll are among the happiest employees in the workforce. [Forbes]
A Beverly Hills bakery opens the world's first-ever cupcake ATM, dispensing the freshly-baked treats 24 hours a day. [The Daily What]
The Senate rejects an amendment that would have exempted employers with "moral objections" from having to provide employees with health insurance covering birth control. [Washington Post]
BAD DAY FOR:
A new report finds widespread security lapses at NASA, including the loss of a laptop that contained the codes used to control the International Space Station. [Discovery News]
Urging kids to slim down
Disney World closes its controversial childhood obesity exhibit after critics complain that it stigmatizes fat kids. [Associated Press]
Tactless conspiracy theorists allege that President Obama was behind the surprising death of conservative provocateur Andrew Breitbart. [BuzzFeed]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: February 29, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
Subscribe to the Week