OOD DAY FOR:
The public sector
A new survey says Americans on the government payroll are among the happiest employees in the workforce. [Forbes]
A Beverly Hills bakery opens the world's first-ever cupcake ATM, dispensing the freshly-baked treats 24 hours a day. [The Daily What]
The Senate rejects an amendment that would have exempted employers with "moral objections" from having to provide employees with health insurance covering birth control. [Washington Post]
BAD DAY FOR:
A new report finds widespread security lapses at NASA, including the loss of a laptop that contained the codes used to control the International Space Station. [Discovery News]
Urging kids to slim down
Disney World closes its controversial childhood obesity exhibit after critics complain that it stigmatizes fat kids. [Associated Press]
Tactless conspiracy theorists allege that President Obama was behind the surprising death of conservative provocateur Andrew Breitbart. [BuzzFeed]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: February 29, 2012
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Watch The Daily Show try to cheer the end of congressional gridlock
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Did Paul Ryan just throw in the towel on 2016?
- The secrets of happy families
Subscribe to the Week