GOOD DAY FOR:
With a combined age of 193 years, eight months and three days, two Californian newlyweds break the world record for oldest combined age of any couple on their wedding day. [TIME]
Mercedes Benz announces it will integrate Siri, Apple's voice recognition technology, into its new A-class line of vehicles. [Discovery News]
The former Two and a Half Men star appears in two well-received new commercials for Fiat and DirecTV. [Newser]
BAD DAY FOR:
Getting away with it
German finance minister Wolfgang Schäuble is caught solving a Sudoku puzzle during a parliamentary debate on the Greek bailout and future of the eurozone. [The Daily What]
The internet Powers That Be
Mozilla unveils a browser add-on that allows web users to see which companies are "watching" them as they browse. [Daily Mail]
The makeup business
Mary Kay, Estee Lauder, and Avon face allegations that they test their products on animals, despite labeling their cosmetics as cruelty-free. [Jezebel]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: March 1, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Tony Blair: The Cassandra of the Middle East
- Why America should team up with Bashar al-Assad's regime
Subscribe to the Week