GOOD DAY FOR:
Job hunters with impressive Facebook pages
Research suggests that Facebook profiles are better than IQ at indicating a person's potential job performance. [Business Insider]
A high-tech eyewear manufacturer comes out with a line of computer-gaming glasses that the prevent the eye strain overzealous players can suffer. [Discovery News]
An English couple spends $13,000 on plastic surgery for their bloodhound (including a doggy facelift) to save him from blindness. [Huffington Post]
BAD DAY FOR:
The Georgetown University law student whom Limbaugh recently called a "slut" rejects his apology, as do at least nine of the conservative radio host's advertisers. [The Daily What]
A Sri Lankan man trying to set the record for the longest time spent buried alive dies before being unearthed. [Newser]
A new study shows that women prefer clean-shaven men to their bearded brethren. [Daily Mail]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: March 5, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- The constant struggle of running a family farm in 21st century America
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week