GOOD DAY FOR:
Job hunters with impressive Facebook pages
Research suggests that Facebook profiles are better than IQ at indicating a person's potential job performance. [Business Insider]
A high-tech eyewear manufacturer comes out with a line of computer-gaming glasses that the prevent the eye strain overzealous players can suffer. [Discovery News]
An English couple spends $13,000 on plastic surgery for their bloodhound (including a doggy facelift) to save him from blindness. [Huffington Post]
BAD DAY FOR:
The Georgetown University law student whom Limbaugh recently called a "slut" rejects his apology, as do at least nine of the conservative radio host's advertisers. [The Daily What]
A Sri Lankan man trying to set the record for the longest time spent buried alive dies before being unearthed. [Newser]
A new study shows that women prefer clean-shaven men to their bearded brethren. [Daily Mail]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: March 5, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: September 23, 2014
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
Subscribe to the Week