GOOD DAY FOR:
Job hunters with impressive Facebook pages
Research suggests that Facebook profiles are better than IQ at indicating a person's potential job performance. [Business Insider]
A high-tech eyewear manufacturer comes out with a line of computer-gaming glasses that the prevent the eye strain overzealous players can suffer. [Discovery News]
An English couple spends $13,000 on plastic surgery for their bloodhound (including a doggy facelift) to save him from blindness. [Huffington Post]
BAD DAY FOR:
The Georgetown University law student whom Limbaugh recently called a "slut" rejects his apology, as do at least nine of the conservative radio host's advertisers. [The Daily What]
A Sri Lankan man trying to set the record for the longest time spent buried alive dies before being unearthed. [Newser]
A new study shows that women prefer clean-shaven men to their bearded brethren. [Daily Mail]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: March 5, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 10 self-sabotaging interview mistakes to avoid
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week