OOD DAY FOR:
Job hunters with impressive Facebook pages
Research suggests that Facebook profiles are better than IQ at indicating a person's potential job performance. [Business Insider]
A high-tech eyewear manufacturer comes out with a line of computer-gaming glasses that the prevent the eye strain overzealous players can suffer. [Discovery News]
An English couple spends $13,000 on plastic surgery for their bloodhound (including a doggy facelift) to save him from blindness. [Huffington Post]
BAD DAY FOR:
The Georgetown University law student whom Limbaugh recently called a "slut" rejects his apology, as do at least nine of the conservative radio host's advertisers. [The Daily What]
A Sri Lankan man trying to set the record for the longest time spent buried alive dies before being unearthed. [Newser]
A new study shows that women prefer clean-shaven men to their bearded brethren. [Daily Mail]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: March 5, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- How Captain America won over China
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
- How Community's Dean Pelton broke new ground for sexual politics on television
Subscribe to the Week