GOOD DAY FOR:
A new study finds that 74 percent of young girls are interested in fields like science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. [Discovery News]
The music business
After years of decline, music sales climb 4 percent in 2011. [The Consumerist]
Uggie, the famous canine from The Artist, gets a new gig as the official spokesdog for Nintendo. [BuzzFeed]
BAD DAY FOR:
A former employee accuses the celebrity chef of overseeing a workplace where sexual harassment and racism were tolerated. [Opposing Views]
Dentists report a major spike in the number of preschoolers with six or more cavities. [TIME]
The Mountain State ranks dead last out of 50 states in this year's Gallup-Healthways well-being index, which measures happiness.
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: March 5, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Why America needs more billionaires
Subscribe to the Week