OOD DAY FOR:
A new study finds that 74 percent of young girls are interested in fields like science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. [Discovery News]
The music business
After years of decline, music sales climb 4 percent in 2011. [The Consumerist]
Uggie, the famous canine from The Artist, gets a new gig as the official spokesdog for Nintendo. [BuzzFeed]
BAD DAY FOR:
A former employee accuses the celebrity chef of overseeing a workplace where sexual harassment and racism were tolerated. [Opposing Views]
Dentists report a major spike in the number of preschoolers with six or more cavities. [TIME]
The Mountain State ranks dead last out of 50 states in this year's Gallup-Healthways well-being index, which measures happiness.
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: March 5, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 19, 2014
- How Captain America won over China
- What The Americans gets wrong about Russian spies
Subscribe to the Week