GOOD DAY FOR:
A new study finds that 74 percent of young girls are interested in fields like science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. [Discovery News]
The music business
After years of decline, music sales climb 4 percent in 2011. [The Consumerist]
Uggie, the famous canine from The Artist, gets a new gig as the official spokesdog for Nintendo. [BuzzFeed]
BAD DAY FOR:
A former employee accuses the celebrity chef of overseeing a workplace where sexual harassment and racism were tolerated. [Opposing Views]
Dentists report a major spike in the number of preschoolers with six or more cavities. [TIME]
The Mountain State ranks dead last out of 50 states in this year's Gallup-Healthways well-being index, which measures happiness.
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: March 5, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- What if The Purge was real?
- What I learned from totally unplugging and shutting up for three days
Subscribe to the Week