OOD DAY FOR:
Nirvana-obsessed car collectors
Grunge rock legend Kurt Cobain's old van, which he drove to and from shows, goes on sale for $150,000. [Death + Taxes]
Finding the missing link
Scientists announce that they are close to finally proving the existence of the elusive "god particle," which would help explain many of the universe's lingering mysteries. [Discovery News]
Kids being kids
The French government calls for a ban on child beauty pageants, as well as prohibitions on padded bras and high heels for young girls. [Jezebel]
BAD DAY FOR:
During an emotional press conference, beloved Hall-of-Fame-bound quarterback Peyton Manning is officially cut from the Indianapolis Colts. Manning will likely sign with a new team. [BuzzFeed]
Naming that tune
The PA system at a Kazakh ski festival accidentally plays Ricky Martin's "Livin' La Vida Loca" instead of the national anthem. [The Daily What]
LiLo's self esteem
Paparazzi mistake 66-year-old Blondie singer Debby Harry for 25-year-old starlet Lindsay Lohan. [Newser]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: March 6, 2012
- The man who sued his wife for birthing an ugly baby
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Are differences in IQ to blame for income inequality?
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- How to dramatically improve your memory
- Watch The Daily Show pit Pope Francis against Fox News' 'War on Christmas'
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why learning which of your Facebook friends hate you is a great idea
Subscribe to the Week