GOOD DAY FOR:
Living like Carrie Bradshaw
The West Village townhouse used for exterior shots of Carrie Bradshaw's house on Sex and the City is on the market for $9.6 million. [Jezebel]
Cat-food maker Friskies debuts an iPad game for cats and their owners at South By Southwest. [BuzzFeed]
Renowned scientist Stephen Hawking is set to make a cameo in an upcoming episode of CBS' hit sitcom, The Big Bang Theory. [New York Post]
BAD DAY FOR:
The Harry Potter novelist was notably absent from Forbes' billionaires list this year; the magazine says her sizable donations to charity and Britain's high tax rate are to blame. [Business Insider]
Treating the homeless humanely
An advertising agency is accused of exploiting the homeless for concocting a stunt called "Homeless Hot Spots," in which homeless people function as 4G wireless hot spots at Austin's South By Southwest festival. [Huffington Post]
Law-enforcement officials are perplexed by a crime wave involving Tide laundry detergent. The soap is being sold on the black market and used as currency in drug deals across the country. [The Daily]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: March 9, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: November 26, 2014
Subscribe to the Week