OOD DAY FOR:
Living like Carrie Bradshaw
The West Village townhouse used for exterior shots of Carrie Bradshaw's house on Sex and the City is on the market for $9.6 million. [Jezebel]
Cat-food maker Friskies debuts an iPad game for cats and their owners at South By Southwest. [BuzzFeed]
Renowned scientist Stephen Hawking is set to make a cameo in an upcoming episode of CBS' hit sitcom, The Big Bang Theory. [New York Post]
BAD DAY FOR:
The Harry Potter novelist was notably absent from Forbes' billionaires list this year; the magazine says her sizable donations to charity and Britain's high tax rate are to blame. [Business Insider]
Treating the homeless humanely
An advertising agency is accused of exploiting the homeless for concocting a stunt called "Homeless Hot Spots," in which homeless people function as 4G wireless hot spots at Austin's South By Southwest festival. [Huffington Post]
Law-enforcement officials are perplexed by a crime wave involving Tide laundry detergent. The soap is being sold on the black market and used as currency in drug deals across the country. [The Daily]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: March 9, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 10 things you need to know today: April 16, 2014
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Can these 4 couples really afford their dream houses?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
Subscribe to the Week