OOD DAY FOR:
Respecting your elders
The TSA announces it will begin testing new, less-intrusive screening procedures next week for fliers 75 and older. [Consumerist]
The Apple empire
The tech giant's stock hits the $600-per-share milestone just one month after hitting the $500 mark. [Newser]
Bruce Springsteen scores his tenth number one album with Wrecking Ball, knocking Adele's 21 out of the coveted top spot. [Billboard]
BAD DAY FOR:
Not making a scene
Police issue a warrant for the arrest of bad-boy comedian Russell Brand after he allegedly grabs a paparrazzo's iPhone and throws it through a window. [Fox News]
An earless bunny that became a German celebrity is accidentally crushed to death by a cameraman filming the rabbit's primetime debut. [The Guardian]
Peach State pride
Bloomberg's "Sucker Index" calculates that out of all 50 states, residents of Georgia spend the most money on the lottery relative to their income. [Huffington Post]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: March 14, 2012
- 10 things you need to know today: December 7, 2013
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- Is Biden helping or hurting U.S. interests in Asia?
- Are Democrats backing the GOP into another government shutdown?
- How I cut my family's budget by $1,000
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
Subscribe to the Week