OOD DAY FOR:
Comedian Dave Chappelle joins Twitter, gathering more than 100,000 followers in less than 24 hours. [BuzzFeed]
National Geographic releases the highest resolution photos ever taken of the Titanic wreck. [The Daily]
Ohio Art Company, which makes Etch A Sketch, sees its stock price triple after Mitt Romney's aide infamously likens his candidate to the easily-erasable toy. [Politico]
BAD DAY FOR:
A new report finds that America's total student loan debt has passed $1 trillion, making it 16 percent higher than previously estimated. [Newser]
A New York call girl alleges that she was paid by a "millionaire madam" to have sex with the fallen Democrat during his failed campaign for the presidency. Edwards denies her claim. [DNAinfo]
New York pride
Bagel enthusiasts in the Big Apple are infuriated when Consumer Reports suggests that the best bagels might not come from New York, but from your supermarket's frozen-foods section. [Business Insider]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: March 21, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here are the people who want to take a one way trip to Mars
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
Subscribe to the Week