GOOD DAY FOR:
Comedian Dave Chappelle joins Twitter, gathering more than 100,000 followers in less than 24 hours. [BuzzFeed]
National Geographic releases the highest resolution photos ever taken of the Titanic wreck. [The Daily]
Ohio Art Company, which makes Etch A Sketch, sees its stock price triple after Mitt Romney's aide infamously likens his candidate to the easily-erasable toy. [Politico]
BAD DAY FOR:
A new report finds that America's total student loan debt has passed $1 trillion, making it 16 percent higher than previously estimated. [Newser]
A New York call girl alleges that she was paid by a "millionaire madam" to have sex with the fallen Democrat during his failed campaign for the presidency. Edwards denies her claim. [DNAinfo]
New York pride
Bagel enthusiasts in the Big Apple are infuriated when Consumer Reports suggests that the best bagels might not come from New York, but from your supermarket's frozen-foods section. [Business Insider]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: March 21, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
Subscribe to the Week