OOD DAY FOR:
Comedian Dave Chappelle joins Twitter, gathering more than 100,000 followers in less than 24 hours. [BuzzFeed]
National Geographic releases the highest resolution photos ever taken of the Titanic wreck. [The Daily]
Ohio Art Company, which makes Etch A Sketch, sees its stock price triple after Mitt Romney's aide infamously likens his candidate to the easily-erasable toy. [Politico]
BAD DAY FOR:
A new report finds that America's total student loan debt has passed $1 trillion, making it 16 percent higher than previously estimated. [Newser]
A New York call girl alleges that she was paid by a "millionaire madam" to have sex with the fallen Democrat during his failed campaign for the presidency. Edwards denies her claim. [DNAinfo]
New York pride
Bagel enthusiasts in the Big Apple are infuriated when Consumer Reports suggests that the best bagels might not come from New York, but from your supermarket's frozen-foods section. [Business Insider]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: March 21, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How Captain America won over China
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- 3 ways elephants and neuroscience can help you make better decisions
Subscribe to the Week