OOD DAY FOR:
A new study finds that healthy adults who regularly eat chocolate are thinner than those who don't. [Newser]
Setting a good example
Popular social sharing site Pinterest bans all content that glorifies eating disorders and other harmful behavior. [The Frisky]
J.K. Rowling's much-delayed compendium of Harry Potter knowledge, Pottermore, opens its e-book shop. [The Guardian]
BAD DAY FOR:
Thanks to a heartbreaking 3-2 loss to El Salvador, the U.S. men's soccer team fails to qualify for the London Olympics. [Opposing Views]
GOP presidential candidate Newt Gingrich begins charging $50 per photo-op in an effort to keep his campaign afloat. [Huffington Post]
An Austrian man cuts off his own foot in an attempt to continue receiving unemployment benefits. [The Daily What]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: March 26, 2012
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Was the sign-language interpreter at the Mandela memorial faking it?
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How the Great Recession has changed the way we shop — even during the holidays
- The Washington Redskins have another PR disaster on their hands
Subscribe to the Week