OOD DAY FOR:
A new study finds that healthy adults who regularly eat chocolate are thinner than those who don't. [Newser]
Setting a good example
Popular social sharing site Pinterest bans all content that glorifies eating disorders and other harmful behavior. [The Frisky]
J.K. Rowling's much-delayed compendium of Harry Potter knowledge, Pottermore, opens its e-book shop. [The Guardian]
BAD DAY FOR:
Thanks to a heartbreaking 3-2 loss to El Salvador, the U.S. men's soccer team fails to qualify for the London Olympics. [Opposing Views]
GOP presidential candidate Newt Gingrich begins charging $50 per photo-op in an effort to keep his campaign afloat. [Huffington Post]
An Austrian man cuts off his own foot in an attempt to continue receiving unemployment benefits. [The Daily What]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: March 26, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
Subscribe to the Week