GOOD DAY FOR:
A new study finds that healthy adults who regularly eat chocolate are thinner than those who don't. [Newser]
Setting a good example
Popular social sharing site Pinterest bans all content that glorifies eating disorders and other harmful behavior. [The Frisky]
J.K. Rowling's much-delayed compendium of Harry Potter knowledge, Pottermore, opens its e-book shop. [The Guardian]
BAD DAY FOR:
Thanks to a heartbreaking 3-2 loss to El Salvador, the U.S. men's soccer team fails to qualify for the London Olympics. [Opposing Views]
GOP presidential candidate Newt Gingrich begins charging $50 per photo-op in an effort to keep his campaign afloat. [Huffington Post]
An Austrian man cuts off his own foot in an attempt to continue receiving unemployment benefits. [The Daily What]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: March 26, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week