President Obama's critics are having a field day with a remark he made to Russia's president when he thought his microphone was off. "Give me space," Obama said. "This is my last election. After my election, I have more flexibility" to deal with missile defense. Critics say it makes Obama look arrogant about a second term, and weak on Russia. Of course, he's hardly the first president to feel the sting of an unexpectedly hot mic...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
- Rise of the machines
- House hunting: 6 stunning historic conversions
Subscribe to the Week