OOD DAY FOR:
Unlikely second acts
Will Ferrell goes on Conan in character as Ron Burgundy to announce a sequel to his cult film, Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy. [Business Insider]
A month after Rush Limbaugh's incendiary "slut" comment caused an advertiser exodus, many sponsors have returned, leaving the radio show largely unaffected. [Newser]
Saturday Night Live hires comedian Kate McKinnon, who will make history as the show's first openly lesbian cast member. [BuzzFeed]
BAD DAY FOR:
A new poll shows that for the third year in a row, Americans care more about economic growth than preserving the environment. [Death and Taxes]
New research finds that a single person adds 37 million bacteria to the air of a room every hour, largely by stirring up the germs left on the floor by previous occupants. [Discovery News]
This year's unseasonably warm winter is seriously compromising the seasonal production of maple syrup. [Gawker]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: March 28, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
Subscribe to the Week