GOOD DAY FOR:
Unlikely second acts
Will Ferrell goes on Conan in character as Ron Burgundy to announce a sequel to his cult film, Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy. [Business Insider]
A month after Rush Limbaugh's incendiary "slut" comment caused an advertiser exodus, many sponsors have returned, leaving the radio show largely unaffected. [Newser]
Saturday Night Live hires comedian Kate McKinnon, who will make history as the show's first openly lesbian cast member. [BuzzFeed]
BAD DAY FOR:
A new poll shows that for the third year in a row, Americans care more about economic growth than preserving the environment. [Death and Taxes]
New research finds that a single person adds 37 million bacteria to the air of a room every hour, largely by stirring up the germs left on the floor by previous occupants. [Discovery News]
This year's unseasonably warm winter is seriously compromising the seasonal production of maple syrup. [Gawker]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: March 28, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- Why America should team up with Bashar al-Assad's regime
- Stop hating on cyclists
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
Subscribe to the Week