GOOD DAY FOR:
Unlikely second acts
Will Ferrell goes on Conan in character as Ron Burgundy to announce a sequel to his cult film, Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy. [Business Insider]
A month after Rush Limbaugh's incendiary "slut" comment caused an advertiser exodus, many sponsors have returned, leaving the radio show largely unaffected. [Newser]
Saturday Night Live hires comedian Kate McKinnon, who will make history as the show's first openly lesbian cast member. [BuzzFeed]
BAD DAY FOR:
A new poll shows that for the third year in a row, Americans care more about economic growth than preserving the environment. [Death and Taxes]
New research finds that a single person adds 37 million bacteria to the air of a room every hour, largely by stirring up the germs left on the floor by previous occupants. [Discovery News]
This year's unseasonably warm winter is seriously compromising the seasonal production of maple syrup. [Gawker]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: March 28, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- Keira Knightley on Laggies, relationships, and surviving your 20s
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
Subscribe to the Week