GOOD DAY FOR:
Unlikely second acts
Will Ferrell goes on Conan in character as Ron Burgundy to announce a sequel to his cult film, Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy. [Business Insider]
A month after Rush Limbaugh's incendiary "slut" comment caused an advertiser exodus, many sponsors have returned, leaving the radio show largely unaffected. [Newser]
Saturday Night Live hires comedian Kate McKinnon, who will make history as the show's first openly lesbian cast member. [BuzzFeed]
BAD DAY FOR:
A new poll shows that for the third year in a row, Americans care more about economic growth than preserving the environment. [Death and Taxes]
New research finds that a single person adds 37 million bacteria to the air of a room every hour, largely by stirring up the germs left on the floor by previous occupants. [Discovery News]
This year's unseasonably warm winter is seriously compromising the seasonal production of maple syrup. [Gawker]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: March 28, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
- How Rand Paul's GOP opponents will use his minority outreach against him
Subscribe to the Week