OOD DAY FOR:
Unlikely second acts
Will Ferrell goes on Conan in character as Ron Burgundy to announce a sequel to his cult film, Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy. [Business Insider]
A month after Rush Limbaugh's incendiary "slut" comment caused an advertiser exodus, many sponsors have returned, leaving the radio show largely unaffected. [Newser]
Saturday Night Live hires comedian Kate McKinnon, who will make history as the show's first openly lesbian cast member. [BuzzFeed]
BAD DAY FOR:
A new poll shows that for the third year in a row, Americans care more about economic growth than preserving the environment. [Death and Taxes]
New research finds that a single person adds 37 million bacteria to the air of a room every hour, largely by stirring up the germs left on the floor by previous occupants. [Discovery News]
This year's unseasonably warm winter is seriously compromising the seasonal production of maple syrup. [Gawker]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: March 28, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: April 19, 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
Subscribe to the Week