Welcome to The Week's "What Next?" contest, an invitation to test your powers of imagination with challenges inspired by current events.
Last week's question: A Chicago woman fell off a pier into Lake Michigan while texting and had to be rescued by a passerby and the police. We asked you what she might have been texting just as she stepped off the pier.
THE WINNER: Don't need directions. Using my phone navigator.
Matt Gough, Sunnyvale, CA
SECOND PLACE: Finally getting the hang of texting while
Gretchen Dannic, Parsippany, NJ
THIRD PLACE: Course am at work. Where else would I be?
Catherine Darnell, Cheyenne, WY
Just taking a long walk on a short p…
Paul Kim, Covington, LA
My horoscope's predicting a bad hair day!
Kathy El-Assal, Middleton, WI
How's your GPS? Mine suc
Mike Zeaman, Reno, NV
I think I smell fish.
Jim Crowley, Jacksonville, FL
Thanking my lucky stars this terrible day is finally ov
Mark Pumphrey, El Paso, TX
Tom Koloski, Ardsley, NY
Do I look that stupid?
Martin Healy, Lafayette, Calif.
Stepping onto boat now, TTYL.
Ben Garden, Flushing, NY
Ok to text now. I'm not driving, I'm walking.
Bob Bray, Whitehouse Station, NJ
This mindfulness thing is gr8! : )
Chad Steponik, DeKalb, IL
Drop me a line.
Joe Armon, Langhorne, PA
Feel like I'm walking on air!
James Pasqualucci, Green Bay, WI
Say yes to Michi…
Timothy Terrell, New Lenox, IL
That was close! Almost dropped cellphone in
Claudia Landolfi, Highland Park, IL
As for you, you can go jump in the
Charles Joyner, Burlington, NC
Just putting one foot in front of the other.
Frank Whitehouse, Spring, TX
Eye surgery went fine! YRU asking?
Ken McClure, Santa Cruz, CA
Siri – How do I swim?
Deb Matthews, Dunwoody, GA
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- How to make classic pulled pork
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
- How The Killing survived two cancellations and ended on its own terms
Subscribe to the Week