GOOD DAY FOR:
After the persistent badgering of astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson, James Cameron edits a scene in Titanic to reflect the historically accurate placement of stars in the night sky. [The Daily What]
Young job seekers
A new report finds that the class of 2012's average starting salary is $44,442, a 6.6 percent increase over the reported salary of the class of 2011. [Business Insider]
A British man buys a $2 million sketch by Andy Warhol for $5 at a garage sale. [Death & Taxes]
BAD DAY FOR:
Separating the holy and profane
A priest in Northern Ireland mistakenly shows gay pornography during a presentation to families before their kids' First Communion ceremonies. [Newser]
The Netherlands is considering a new law that would bar non-residents from legally buying marijuana. [Gothamist]
Half of preschoolers don't go outside with a parent on a daily basis, according to a new study. [Discovery News]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: April 2, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
Subscribe to the Week