OOD DAY FOR:
After the persistent badgering of astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson, James Cameron edits a scene in Titanic to reflect the historically accurate placement of stars in the night sky. [The Daily What]
Young job seekers
A new report finds that the class of 2012's average starting salary is $44,442, a 6.6 percent increase over the reported salary of the class of 2011. [Business Insider]
A British man buys a $2 million sketch by Andy Warhol for $5 at a garage sale. [Death & Taxes]
BAD DAY FOR:
Separating the holy and profane
A priest in Northern Ireland mistakenly shows gay pornography during a presentation to families before their kids' First Communion ceremonies. [Newser]
The Netherlands is considering a new law that would bar non-residents from legally buying marijuana. [Gothamist]
Half of preschoolers don't go outside with a parent on a daily basis, according to a new study. [Discovery News]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: April 2, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
Subscribe to the Week