OOD DAY FOR:
A Pew report finds that e-book users read more than those who stick to the printed page. [Business Insider]
The world gawks at Beyonce's perfection on her newly created Tumblr page, which features personal photos from her honeymoon with Jay-Z. [BuzzFeed]
Kanye West releases a new song, "Theraflu," that's rife with details about his personal life, including a lyric about falling in love with Kim Kardashian. [Huffington Post]
BAD DAY FOR:
Drawing the line
Americans in 30 households could find themselves living in a new state as the Carolinas attempt to clarify their borders. [The New York Times]
Life imitating Hollywood
In a terrifyingly real Snakes On A Plane moment, an Australian pilot is forced to ground a flight when he discovers a snake in the cockpit. [Consumerist]
Trusting the Genius Bar
Despite claims that Mac computers are immune to viruses, 600,000 Apple computers are stricken by malware known as the "Flashback Trojan." [TIME]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: April 4, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 16, 2014
Subscribe to the Week