GOOD DAY FOR:
A Pew report finds that e-book users read more than those who stick to the printed page. [Business Insider]
The world gawks at Beyonce's perfection on her newly created Tumblr page, which features personal photos from her honeymoon with Jay-Z. [BuzzFeed]
Kanye West releases a new song, "Theraflu," that's rife with details about his personal life, including a lyric about falling in love with Kim Kardashian. [Huffington Post]
BAD DAY FOR:
Drawing the line
Americans in 30 households could find themselves living in a new state as the Carolinas attempt to clarify their borders. [The New York Times]
Life imitating Hollywood
In a terrifyingly real Snakes On A Plane moment, an Australian pilot is forced to ground a flight when he discovers a snake in the cockpit. [Consumerist]
Trusting the Genius Bar
Despite claims that Mac computers are immune to viruses, 600,000 Apple computers are stricken by malware known as the "Flashback Trojan." [TIME]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: April 4, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
- Adam Sandler's 'Thanksgiving Song': Explaining the 22-year-old tune's pop-culture references
Subscribe to the Week