OOD DAY FOR:
Imagining life after Ashton
In light of her impending divorce from actor Ashton Kutcher, Demi Moore (@mrskutcher) asks her Twitter followers to submit ideas for a new Twitter handle. [The Frisky]
Lawmakers in Fort Worth, Texas, are pushing to ban the hiring of smokers for any government job. [Consumerist]
Overdosing on the Bluths
Arrested Development creator Mitch Hurwitz announces that all 10 episodes of the show's fanatically anticipated fourth season will be released at the same time on Netflix Instant in 2013. [The Daily What]
BAD DAY FOR:
Baring it all
A Portland, Ore., man is arrested after he strips down in a security line to protest the TSA's policies. [Gothamist]
Having your cake and eating it, too
A Michigan woman who won the lottery last year is charged with felony welfare fraud after she failed to report her winnings and continued receiving assistance from the government. [Newser]
Eradicating the sniffles
A new poll finds that allergy season has hit Americans harder and earlier in 2012 than in previous years. [Discovery News]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: April 17, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
Subscribe to the Week