The Bottom Line
Anchorman Dan Rather sued his former network, CBS, and CBS executives for breach of contract.
Anchorman Dan Rather sued his former network, CBS, and CBS executives for breach of contract. The $70 million suit alleges that CBS made Rather a “scapegoat” for a controversial news segment about President Bush’s time in the Texas Air National Guard, and said that CBS forced Rather out to “pacify the White House.” (The Washington Post)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
Subscribe to the Week