The Bottom Line
Anchorman Dan Rather sued his former network, CBS, and CBS executives for breach of contract.
Anchorman Dan Rather sued his former network, CBS, and CBS executives for breach of contract. The $70 million suit alleges that CBS made Rather a “scapegoat” for a controversial news segment about President Bush’s time in the Texas Air National Guard, and said that CBS forced Rather out to “pacify the White House.” (The Washington Post)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
- Uber, and the growing threat of corporate surveillance
Subscribe to the Week