The Bottom Line
Anchorman Dan Rather sued his former network, CBS, and CBS executives for breach of contract.
Anchorman Dan Rather sued his former network, CBS, and CBS executives for breach of contract. The $70 million suit alleges that CBS made Rather a “scapegoat” for a controversial news segment about President Bush’s time in the Texas Air National Guard, and said that CBS forced Rather out to “pacify the White House.” (The Washington Post)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- One girl's extraordinarily wild world
Subscribe to the Week