The Bottom Line
Anchorman Dan Rather sued his former network, CBS, and CBS executives for breach of contract.
Anchorman Dan Rather sued his former network, CBS, and CBS executives for breach of contract. The $70 million suit alleges that CBS made Rather a “scapegoat” for a controversial news segment about President Bush’s time in the Texas Air National Guard, and said that CBS forced Rather out to “pacify the White House.” (The Washington Post)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- 10 things you need to know today: September 23, 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
Subscribe to the Week