The Bottom Line
Anchorman Dan Rather sued his former network, CBS, and CBS executives for breach of contract.
Anchorman Dan Rather sued his former network, CBS, and CBS executives for breach of contract. The $70 million suit alleges that CBS made Rather a “scapegoat” for a controversial news segment about President Bush’s time in the Texas Air National Guard, and said that CBS forced Rather out to “pacify the White House.” (The Washington Post)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The forgotten victims of the war in Ukraine
- 10 things you need to know today: July 28, 2014
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
Subscribe to the Week