The Bottom Line
Anchorman Dan Rather sued his former network, CBS, and CBS executives for breach of contract.
Anchorman Dan Rather sued his former network, CBS, and CBS executives for breach of contract. The $70 million suit alleges that CBS made Rather a “scapegoat” for a controversial news segment about President Bush’s time in the Texas Air National Guard, and said that CBS forced Rather out to “pacify the White House.” (The Washington Post)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- The government is getting into the fact-checking business. Be very, very afraid.
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The world is on fire and neither Democrats or Republicans have a clue
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- How Democrats might goad the GOP into shutting down the government
- In defense of Obama's golfing
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- Wait a minute, Mr. Postman: Why postal banking won't work
Subscribe to the Week