OOD DAY FOR:
The Times Square Alliance creates a "New Year's Eve Confetti Wishing Wall" where fans of the late Dick Clark can write notes that will become pieces of New Year's Eve confetti. [Gothamist]
Insect-averse coffee fiends
After fervent petitioning from customers, Starbucks agrees to stop using a red dye made from ground up bugs in its drinks. [TIME]
A staunch Ron Paul supporter is making a Super-Mario-style video game starring the presidential candidate. [Business Insider]
BAD DAY FOR:
A stoner tradition
The University of Colorado at Boulder attempts to quash students' annual 4/20 marijuana rally by putting a smelly, fish-based fertilizer on the field where the event takes place. [Newser]
The Emmy-winning Discovery game show Cash Cab is canceled, destroying New Yorkers' dreams of unsuspectingly stumbling onto a game show when they hail a taxi. [New York]
After joking about renting a billboard to help her prom queen campaign, a Texas high-schooler is mortified to discover that her mother did just that. [The Daily What]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: April 19, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- How Captain America won over China
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
Subscribe to the Week