OOD DAY FOR:
The Times Square Alliance creates a "New Year's Eve Confetti Wishing Wall" where fans of the late Dick Clark can write notes that will become pieces of New Year's Eve confetti. [Gothamist]
Insect-averse coffee fiends
After fervent petitioning from customers, Starbucks agrees to stop using a red dye made from ground up bugs in its drinks. [TIME]
A staunch Ron Paul supporter is making a Super-Mario-style video game starring the presidential candidate. [Business Insider]
BAD DAY FOR:
A stoner tradition
The University of Colorado at Boulder attempts to quash students' annual 4/20 marijuana rally by putting a smelly, fish-based fertilizer on the field where the event takes place. [Newser]
The Emmy-winning Discovery game show Cash Cab is canceled, destroying New Yorkers' dreams of unsuspectingly stumbling onto a game show when they hail a taxi. [New York]
After joking about renting a billboard to help her prom queen campaign, a Texas high-schooler is mortified to discover that her mother did just that. [The Daily What]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: April 19, 2012
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 6 photos that Facebook controversially banned
- Is it possible to live forever?
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: The world's front pages
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- Can you 3D print an Hermes handbag?
Subscribe to the Week