GOOD DAY FOR:
Being partially seductive
A new study finds that the left side of human faces is generally more attractive to others than the right. [Huffington Post]
Our robotic overlords
Research finds that test-grading robots can mark up students' essays just as well as humans. [The New York Times]
A Japanese teenager gets his soccer ball back after it washes up on the shores of Alaska — the first traceable debris from last year's tsunami to show up in North America. [Newser]
BAD DAY FOR:
Newly-minted New York Jet Tim Tebow chooses to live in a condo in Hoboken, N.J., instead of New York City. [Business Insider]
One in 10 single men would rather own the latest iPad than find a new lover, according to a new study. [Discovery News]
Diplomacy in the House of Murdoch
The Simpsons celebrates Fox's 25-year anniversary by mercilessly lampooning Fox News on national television. [HyperVocal]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: April 20, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- 9 delightful recipes from the 1950s you should make with your kids today
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week