OOD DAY FOR:
Being partially seductive
A new study finds that the left side of human faces is generally more attractive to others than the right. [Huffington Post]
Our robotic overlords
Research finds that test-grading robots can mark up students' essays just as well as humans. [The New York Times]
A Japanese teenager gets his soccer ball back after it washes up on the shores of Alaska — the first traceable debris from last year's tsunami to show up in North America. [Newser]
BAD DAY FOR:
Newly-minted New York Jet Tim Tebow chooses to live in a condo in Hoboken, N.J., instead of New York City. [Business Insider]
One in 10 single men would rather own the latest iPad than find a new lover, according to a new study. [Discovery News]
Diplomacy in the House of Murdoch
The Simpsons celebrates Fox's 25-year anniversary by mercilessly lampooning Fox News on national television. [HyperVocal]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: April 20, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
Subscribe to the Week