OOD DAY FOR:
A new report names Maine the most peaceful state in the union, with Vermont, New Hampshire, and Rhode Island all ranking in the top 10. [Newser]
Meeting your meat
A German entrepreneur launches a web project that allows diners to see the face of the pig they are about to eat. [Global Post]
"I Cried," a new Google Chrome extension, lets users see how many people admitted to sobbing through any sentimental YouTube video. [TIME]
BAD DAY FOR:
21st century moonshine
A group of California teens ends up in the hospital after drinking highly concentrated alcohol they extracted from hand sanitizer. [Huffington Post]
Pizza Hut tops its hot dog-stuffed crust by offering a new pizza that features a cheeseburger and chicken nugget-stuffed crust. [Consumerist]
Your virtual self-worth
Facebook's recent filings reveal that each user is worth a mere $4.81 a year to the company. [BuzzFeed]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: April 23, 2012
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 6 photos that Facebook controversially banned
- Is it possible to live forever?
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: The world's front pages
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- Can you 3D print an Hermes handbag?
Subscribe to the Week