OOD DAY FOR:
Burger King promises that by 2017, it will use only 100 percent cage-free eggs in all its restaurants. [The Daily What]
Having it all
Entertainment powerhouse and new mother Beyoncé is named People's "Most Beautiful Woman in the World." [People]
An analysis finds that Apple's iPhone business alone is likely more profitable than any company in the world. [Business Insider]
BAD DAY FOR:
Avoiding the wrath of Murdoch
Joe Muto, the "Fox Mole" who leaked insider information on Fox News for Gawker before getting busted, is served a search warrant by the D.A.'s office as part of a grand larceny investigation. [Gothamist]
A Boston parking lot near TD Garden, where the Celtics and Bruins play, plans to force SUV owners to pay a higher price than hybrid drivers. [Consumerist]
In what is likely the richest deal in reality TV history, the Kardashians sign a $40 million contract with E! for three more seasons of Keeping Up With the Kardashians. [The Stir]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: April 24, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
Subscribe to the Week