OOD DAY FOR:
Burger King promises that by 2017, it will use only 100 percent cage-free eggs in all its restaurants. [The Daily What]
Having it all
Entertainment powerhouse and new mother Beyoncé is named People's "Most Beautiful Woman in the World." [People]
An analysis finds that Apple's iPhone business alone is likely more profitable than any company in the world. [Business Insider]
BAD DAY FOR:
Avoiding the wrath of Murdoch
Joe Muto, the "Fox Mole" who leaked insider information on Fox News for Gawker before getting busted, is served a search warrant by the D.A.'s office as part of a grand larceny investigation. [Gothamist]
A Boston parking lot near TD Garden, where the Celtics and Bruins play, plans to force SUV owners to pay a higher price than hybrid drivers. [Consumerist]
In what is likely the richest deal in reality TV history, the Kardashians sign a $40 million contract with E! for three more seasons of Keeping Up With the Kardashians. [The Stir]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: April 24, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
Subscribe to the Week