OOD DAY FOR:
Burger King promises that by 2017, it will use only 100 percent cage-free eggs in all its restaurants. [The Daily What]
Having it all
Entertainment powerhouse and new mother Beyoncé is named People's "Most Beautiful Woman in the World." [People]
An analysis finds that Apple's iPhone business alone is likely more profitable than any company in the world. [Business Insider]
BAD DAY FOR:
Avoiding the wrath of Murdoch
Joe Muto, the "Fox Mole" who leaked insider information on Fox News for Gawker before getting busted, is served a search warrant by the D.A.'s office as part of a grand larceny investigation. [Gothamist]
A Boston parking lot near TD Garden, where the Celtics and Bruins play, plans to force SUV owners to pay a higher price than hybrid drivers. [Consumerist]
In what is likely the richest deal in reality TV history, the Kardashians sign a $40 million contract with E! for three more seasons of Keeping Up With the Kardashians. [The Stir]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: April 24, 2012
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- The last racial taboo
- Was the sign-language interpreter at the Mandela memorial faking it?
Subscribe to the Week