GOOD DAY FOR:
Burger King promises that by 2017, it will use only 100 percent cage-free eggs in all its restaurants. [The Daily What]
Having it all
Entertainment powerhouse and new mother Beyoncé is named People's "Most Beautiful Woman in the World." [People]
An analysis finds that Apple's iPhone business alone is likely more profitable than any company in the world. [Business Insider]
BAD DAY FOR:
Avoiding the wrath of Murdoch
Joe Muto, the "Fox Mole" who leaked insider information on Fox News for Gawker before getting busted, is served a search warrant by the D.A.'s office as part of a grand larceny investigation. [Gothamist]
A Boston parking lot near TD Garden, where the Celtics and Bruins play, plans to force SUV owners to pay a higher price than hybrid drivers. [Consumerist]
In what is likely the richest deal in reality TV history, the Kardashians sign a $40 million contract with E! for three more seasons of Keeping Up With the Kardashians. [The Stir]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: April 24, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 5 tricks to making a mind-blowing burger
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- What if The Purge was real?
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- WATCH: Australia's army chief demonstrates how you address sex abuse
Subscribe to the Week