OOD DAY FOR:
Identifying the best seat in the house
A new poll finds that the ideal place to sit on an airplane is seat 6A, a window seat near the front of the cabin. [The Daily]
Picking up dog poo
A Mexican internet portal is encouraging people to clean up after their pooches by offering responsible dog owners free WiFi in public places. [Huffington Post]
1990s R&B group TLC announces that the late Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes will virtually join them via hologram on their upcoming anniversary tour. [Death & Taxes]
BAD DAY FOR:
Political fashion statements
A Tennessee teenager is sent home from her high school prom after showing up wearing a confederate flag dress. [The Frisky]
Keeping it cla$$y
Ke$ha tweets a photo of herself peeing in the street, paired with the caption, "PoPo come n get me if u can find me." [BuzzFeed]
A Rhodesian Ridgeback puppy escapes his in-flight kennel and bolts onto the tarmac at New York's LaGuardia Airport, causing flight delays. [TIME]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: April 25, 2012
- The secrets of happy families
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Did God have a wife?
- Why Republicans shouldn't get too excited over Obama's stumbles
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Would you cuddle a stranger for $80 an hour?
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
Subscribe to the Week