OOD DAY FOR:
Identifying the best seat in the house
A new poll finds that the ideal place to sit on an airplane is seat 6A, a window seat near the front of the cabin. [The Daily]
Picking up dog poo
A Mexican internet portal is encouraging people to clean up after their pooches by offering responsible dog owners free WiFi in public places. [Huffington Post]
1990s R&B group TLC announces that the late Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes will virtually join them via hologram on their upcoming anniversary tour. [Death & Taxes]
BAD DAY FOR:
Political fashion statements
A Tennessee teenager is sent home from her high school prom after showing up wearing a confederate flag dress. [The Frisky]
Keeping it cla$$y
Ke$ha tweets a photo of herself peeing in the street, paired with the caption, "PoPo come n get me if u can find me." [BuzzFeed]
A Rhodesian Ridgeback puppy escapes his in-flight kennel and bolts onto the tarmac at New York's LaGuardia Airport, causing flight delays. [TIME]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: April 25, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 16, 2014
Subscribe to the Week