GOOD DAY FOR:
A Mexican woman is reportedly pregnant with nonuplets — that's nine babies. [Newser]
A new study finds that, just like humans, dogs experience the mood-lifting phenomenon known as "runner's high." [Discovery News]
Kids proving their sophistication
New research finds that the plastic toys found in Happy Meals aren't a major draw for kids anymore. [Consumerist]
BAD DAY FOR:
Two German art students construct a fluorescent guillotine and encourage the internet to vote on whether a lamb should live or die by it. [The Daily What]
The children of State Department workers are subjected to a racy Q&A about the Secret Service prostitution scandal on "Take Your Child to Work Day." [Reuters]
The Biebs' global outreach
Justin Bieber infuriates Indonesian fans by referring to Indonesia as "some random country" where he recorded a track for his upcoming album. [Gawker]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: April 26, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- 8 tricks to surviving the holidays without gaining weight or being grouchy
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week