GOOD DAY FOR:
A Mexican woman is reportedly pregnant with nonuplets — that's nine babies. [Newser]
A new study finds that, just like humans, dogs experience the mood-lifting phenomenon known as "runner's high." [Discovery News]
Kids proving their sophistication
New research finds that the plastic toys found in Happy Meals aren't a major draw for kids anymore. [Consumerist]
BAD DAY FOR:
Two German art students construct a fluorescent guillotine and encourage the internet to vote on whether a lamb should live or die by it. [The Daily What]
The children of State Department workers are subjected to a racy Q&A about the Secret Service prostitution scandal on "Take Your Child to Work Day." [Reuters]
The Biebs' global outreach
Justin Bieber infuriates Indonesian fans by referring to Indonesia as "some random country" where he recorded a track for his upcoming album. [Gawker]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: April 26, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
Subscribe to the Week