GOOD DAY FOR:
A Mexican woman is reportedly pregnant with nonuplets — that's nine babies. [Newser]
A new study finds that, just like humans, dogs experience the mood-lifting phenomenon known as "runner's high." [Discovery News]
Kids proving their sophistication
New research finds that the plastic toys found in Happy Meals aren't a major draw for kids anymore. [Consumerist]
BAD DAY FOR:
Two German art students construct a fluorescent guillotine and encourage the internet to vote on whether a lamb should live or die by it. [The Daily What]
The children of State Department workers are subjected to a racy Q&A about the Secret Service prostitution scandal on "Take Your Child to Work Day." [Reuters]
The Biebs' global outreach
Justin Bieber infuriates Indonesian fans by referring to Indonesia as "some random country" where he recorded a track for his upcoming album. [Gawker]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: April 26, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week