Can the U.S. build a foreign army?
After a decade of war in Iraq and Afghanistan, American military advisers are now the centerpiece of our strategy, training locals to take over for U.S. soldiers
U.S. Defense/Sgt. Mark Fayloga
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
Subscribe to the Week