Can the U.S. build a foreign army?
After a decade of war in Iraq and Afghanistan, American military advisers are now the centerpiece of our strategy, training locals to take over for U.S. soldiers
U.S. Defense/Sgt. Mark Fayloga
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How I lost all my money
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- A brief history of the Christmas present
Subscribe to the Week