OOD DAY FOR:
A new report finds that the teenage birth rate in the U.S. has hit a record low. [Discovery News]
The Big Aristotle
Retired NBA star Shaquille O'Neal earns a Ph.D. in education from Barry University, where he will graduate with a 3.8 GPA. [Newser]
Taking a cue from kangaroos
A global survey finds that hundreds of thousands of lives could be saved each year if parents of premature babies in poor countries carried their children around in pouches against their skin. [New Scientist]
BAD DAY FOR:
A man exposes himself at the Association for the Blind in Buck County, Penn., but a seeing person in the room notices and reports him to the police. [Death & Taxes]
A press screening of The Avengers is postponed after the projectionist accidentally deletes the file that contained the entire film. [Tecca]
The Snooki-fication of America
A startlingly tan New Jersey mother is charged with child endangerment after her 5-year-old daughter gets sunburned on a joint trip to the tanning beds. [The Daily What]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: May 1, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
Subscribe to the Week