OOD DAY FOR:
Two of the three freed American hikers who were held captive for several months in Iran marry in California. [TIME]
Rovio, the Finnish company that makes the confoundingly popular Angry Birds games, contemplates an IPO. Analysts say the company would be valued at up to $9 billion. [Geekosystem]
Dives of faith
A group of Saudi divers builds the world's first underwater mosque off the coast of Saudi Arabia. [Business Insider]
BAD DAY FOR:
Easily embarrassed dinosaurs
New research finds that methane gases produced by farting dinosaurs may have caused an ancient episode of global warming and contributed to the species' own demise. [New Scientist]
Surviving the spotlight
Meow, the massive 39-pound cat who gained internet fame last week, dies of pulmonary failure. [BuzzFeed]
Keeping Wikipedia free
Two enterprising New Yorkers will write, research, and post a Wikipedia page about you or your business including all the required citations — if you pay them $300. [Newser]
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- 10 things you need to know today: March 8, 2014
Subscribe to the Week