OOD DAY FOR:
Two of the three freed American hikers who were held captive for several months in Iran marry in California. [TIME]
Rovio, the Finnish company that makes the confoundingly popular Angry Birds games, contemplates an IPO. Analysts say the company would be valued at up to $9 billion. [Geekosystem]
Dives of faith
A group of Saudi divers builds the world's first underwater mosque off the coast of Saudi Arabia. [Business Insider]
BAD DAY FOR:
Easily embarrassed dinosaurs
New research finds that methane gases produced by farting dinosaurs may have caused an ancient episode of global warming and contributed to the species' own demise. [New Scientist]
Surviving the spotlight
Meow, the massive 39-pound cat who gained internet fame last week, dies of pulmonary failure. [BuzzFeed]
Keeping Wikipedia free
Two enterprising New Yorkers will write, research, and post a Wikipedia page about you or your business including all the required citations — if you pay them $300. [Newser]
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 19, 2014
- How Captain America won over China
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week