GOOD DAY FOR:
Two of the three freed American hikers who were held captive for several months in Iran marry in California. [TIME]
Rovio, the Finnish company that makes the confoundingly popular Angry Birds games, contemplates an IPO. Analysts say the company would be valued at up to $9 billion. [Geekosystem]
Dives of faith
A group of Saudi divers builds the world's first underwater mosque off the coast of Saudi Arabia. [Business Insider]
BAD DAY FOR:
Easily embarrassed dinosaurs
New research finds that methane gases produced by farting dinosaurs may have caused an ancient episode of global warming and contributed to the species' own demise. [New Scientist]
Surviving the spotlight
Meow, the massive 39-pound cat who gained internet fame last week, dies of pulmonary failure. [BuzzFeed]
Keeping Wikipedia free
Two enterprising New Yorkers will write, research, and post a Wikipedia page about you or your business including all the required citations — if you pay them $300. [Newser]
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
Subscribe to the Week