GOOD DAY FOR:
Two of the three freed American hikers who were held captive for several months in Iran marry in California. [TIME]
Rovio, the Finnish company that makes the confoundingly popular Angry Birds games, contemplates an IPO. Analysts say the company would be valued at up to $9 billion. [Geekosystem]
Dives of faith
A group of Saudi divers builds the world's first underwater mosque off the coast of Saudi Arabia. [Business Insider]
BAD DAY FOR:
Easily embarrassed dinosaurs
New research finds that methane gases produced by farting dinosaurs may have caused an ancient episode of global warming and contributed to the species' own demise. [New Scientist]
Surviving the spotlight
Meow, the massive 39-pound cat who gained internet fame last week, dies of pulmonary failure. [BuzzFeed]
Keeping Wikipedia free
Two enterprising New Yorkers will write, research, and post a Wikipedia page about you or your business including all the required citations — if you pay them $300. [Newser]
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 7 tips for keeping your man (from the 1950s)
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
Subscribe to the Week