Talking parakeets: Why do they mimic human speech?
To fit in with their flock, says Will Oremus at Slate, some birds will say anything
Rose-ringed parakeets are taking over Britain, with more than 30,000 now living in the country, versus their native India, up from just 1,500 in 1995.
CC BY: Agilmente
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- How Captain America won over China
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week