OOD DAY FOR:
Nevada becomes the first state to license Google's self-driving car for testing on public streets. [Death & Taxes]
Thin Mint devotees
The Girl Scouts partner with Nestlé to create Nestlé Crunch Girl Scout Candy Bars, which will hit shelves this June in Thin Mint, Caramel & Coconut, and Peanut Butter Creme varieties. [TIME]
A New Jersey roofer leaps into a vat of acid to save his co-worker, who fell nearly 40 feet through a collapsed roof into the dangerous liquid. [Gothamist]
BAD DAY FOR:
Swing state greasy spoons
A group of DC doctors pushes the White House to ban staged photo-ops that depict the president or the first family eating unhealthy foods such as burgers or hot dogs. [Newser]
Social media squeamishness
A Houston hospital plans to live tweet a brain operation and post the photos on Pinterest. [CNN]
Hastily hitting send
Eastern Michigan University accidentally fails its entire student body when it sends every student an academic expulsion letter intended for only a few. [The Stir]
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Why is American internet so slow?
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
5 surprising facts about left-handed people
Subscribe to the Week