Why is Hollywood trading in explosions for implosions?
Explosions in movies have become yawningly routine, says Forrest Wickman at Slate, so Hollywood is increasingly arranging for things to crumple in on themselves
Is Hollywood trading in explosions for implosions?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Rise of the machines
- 10 things you need to know today: October 20, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- It's time to kill school picture day
Subscribe to the Week