Why is Hollywood trading in explosions for implosions?
Explosions in movies have become yawningly routine, says Forrest Wickman at Slate, so Hollywood is increasingly arranging for things to crumple in on themselves
Is Hollywood trading in explosions for implosions?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- Entrepreneurs: A dying breed?
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- When will the Big One strike California?
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
Subscribe to the Week