OOD DAY FOR:
Universal Studios announces plans to open a Harry Potter theme park in Osaka, Japan, in 2014. [Newser]
An arena rock resurrection
Deceased Queen frontman Freddie Mercury will appear as an "optical illusion" at the band's 10th anniversary performance. [BBC News]
A recently laid off Minnesota man snags a new job after plastering his resumé on an electronic billboard. [TIME]
BAD DAY FOR:
The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops launches a probe into the Girl Scouts' activities, seeking to examine their "possible problematic relationships with other organizations," including ones that promote frank sexual discussion or contraception. [Jezebel]
Researchers discover a Mayan calendar that suggests the world won't end in 2012, after all. [Discovery News]
Foolproof copying and pasting
A Florida Times-Union sports reporter accidentally tweets a porn link to his thousands of followers instead of the family-friendly minor league baseball story he intended to share. [Gizmodo]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: May 10, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
- How Community's Dean Pelton broke new ground for sexual politics on television
- How Captain America won over China
Subscribe to the Week