The 8 times a VP did something that mattered
Vice presidents usually don't do much, says Katy Waldman at Slate. But once every 30 years or so, the president's No. 2 does something worth remembering
The 8 times the vice president did something that mattered
AP Photo/Madalyn Ruggiero
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- The Warren Buffett formula: How you can get smarter
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
Subscribe to the Week