OOD DAY FOR:
One-upping the French
In South Korea, 4,000 children build the tallest Lego tower on Earth. At a height of 31.9 meters, the toy structure bests the previous record of 31.6 meters, held by France. [Tecca]
Evolving with Obama
Producer-rapper extraordinaire Jay-Z comes out in favor of gay marriage. [The Frisky]
Keeping cool under fire
A Swiss research institute designs a bullet-proof vest equipped with air conditioning. [Geekosystem]
BAD DAY FOR:
Wiping down the crime scene
A Utah teenager is caught allegedly robbing a house after he leaves behind a backpack containing a USB drive full of his homework. [Newser]
Taking a page from the Don Draper playbook
A longtime security supervisor at Newark International Airport is arrested for allegedly stealing the identity of a dead man. [Gothamist]
Double-checking the address
A Mississippi woman spends thousands buying and sprucing up a foreclosed home, only to find out that she actually bought the smaller, more damaged home next door. [Consumerist]
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- The Daily Show explains Hamid Karzai's 'Afghan Hustle'
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- 4 life hacks from ancient philosophers that will make you happier
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week