OOD DAY FOR:
One-upping the French
In South Korea, 4,000 children build the tallest Lego tower on Earth. At a height of 31.9 meters, the toy structure bests the previous record of 31.6 meters, held by France. [Tecca]
Evolving with Obama
Producer-rapper extraordinaire Jay-Z comes out in favor of gay marriage. [The Frisky]
Keeping cool under fire
A Swiss research institute designs a bullet-proof vest equipped with air conditioning. [Geekosystem]
BAD DAY FOR:
Wiping down the crime scene
A Utah teenager is caught allegedly robbing a house after he leaves behind a backpack containing a USB drive full of his homework. [Newser]
Taking a page from the Don Draper playbook
A longtime security supervisor at Newark International Airport is arrested for allegedly stealing the identity of a dead man. [Gothamist]
Double-checking the address
A Mississippi woman spends thousands buying and sprucing up a foreclosed home, only to find out that she actually bought the smaller, more damaged home next door. [Consumerist]
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
Subscribe to the Week