GOOD DAY FOR:
One-upping the French
In South Korea, 4,000 children build the tallest Lego tower on Earth. At a height of 31.9 meters, the toy structure bests the previous record of 31.6 meters, held by France. [Tecca]
Evolving with Obama
Producer-rapper extraordinaire Jay-Z comes out in favor of gay marriage. [The Frisky]
Keeping cool under fire
A Swiss research institute designs a bullet-proof vest equipped with air conditioning. [Geekosystem]
BAD DAY FOR:
Wiping down the crime scene
A Utah teenager is caught allegedly robbing a house after he leaves behind a backpack containing a USB drive full of his homework. [Newser]
Taking a page from the Don Draper playbook
A longtime security supervisor at Newark International Airport is arrested for allegedly stealing the identity of a dead man. [Gothamist]
Double-checking the address
A Mississippi woman spends thousands buying and sprucing up a foreclosed home, only to find out that she actually bought the smaller, more damaged home next door. [Consumerist]
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week