OOD DAY FOR:
Moving from Zuck to Jobs
Aaron Sorkin, the snappy writer behind The Social Network, officially signs on to pen a Steve Jobs biopic based on Walter Isaacson's biography of the late Apple innovator. [Death & Taxes]
A Texas guitarist breaks the world record for longest guitar solo, surpassing the previous record of 24 hours and 18 minutes. [TIME]
The Illinois Senate approves a measure allowing miniature horses to accompany people with disabilities. [The Daily What]
BAD DAY FOR:
Two Colorado moms chaperoning a high school prom were so disgusted with the "dirty dancing" they witnessed that they reportedly sprayed teens with Lysol and called the girls "sluts" and "whores." [The Stir]
A new report says that Google's much-hyped augmented reality glasses won't be nearly as cool as they appear in their promo video. [New Scientist]
Indulging a friend
A New York man implores his friend to shoot him in the leg so he can "see what it feels like." The friend complies, and is charged with reckless endangerment. [Newser]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: May 15, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- SNL tackles Vladimir Putin's Ukraine invasion, politically and personally
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
Subscribe to the Week