OOD DAY FOR:
Pinterest's valuation jumps from $200 million to $1.5 billion thanks to a new round of financing. [Newser]
The most comprehensive study to date finds that drinking coffee may decrease the risk of heart disease, stroke, and diabetes — and help you live longer. [Discovery News]
Disneyland Tokyo announces that it will allow same-sex couples to get married in the theme park. [Death & Taxes]
BAD DAY FOR:
Banksy's famous "parachuting rat" street art is destroyed by workers doing construction on a cafe in Melbourne, Australia. [The Daily What]
TED organizers, who sponsor brainy conferences on everything from climate change to innovation, earn criticism for failing to publish video of a TED talk about income inequality. [The Billfold]
Two Alaska women face possible charges after they accidentally texted a state trooper about their plans to buy alcohol in a town where it's illegal. [Huffington Post]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: May 16, 2012
- The secrets of happy families
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Battle in a blizzard
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Did God have a wife?
- Would you cuddle a stranger for $80 an hour?
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
Subscribe to the Week