OOD DAY FOR:
Pinterest's valuation jumps from $200 million to $1.5 billion thanks to a new round of financing. [Newser]
The most comprehensive study to date finds that drinking coffee may decrease the risk of heart disease, stroke, and diabetes — and help you live longer. [Discovery News]
Disneyland Tokyo announces that it will allow same-sex couples to get married in the theme park. [Death & Taxes]
BAD DAY FOR:
Banksy's famous "parachuting rat" street art is destroyed by workers doing construction on a cafe in Melbourne, Australia. [The Daily What]
TED organizers, who sponsor brainy conferences on everything from climate change to innovation, earn criticism for failing to publish video of a TED talk about income inequality. [The Billfold]
Two Alaska women face possible charges after they accidentally texted a state trooper about their plans to buy alcohol in a town where it's illegal. [Huffington Post]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: May 16, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Attack of the invasive species
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- How to flirt, according to science
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- What The Americans gets wrong about Russian spies
Subscribe to the Week