GOOD DAY FOR:
Google's world domination
Google Chrome surpasses Windows Internet Explorer to become the most used web browser on Earth. [Tecca]
The oldest known Babe Ruth jersey sells for a record-breaking $4.4 million, making it the most expensive piece of sports memorabilia ever. [Business Insider]
Beer maker Guinness celebrates its 250th birthday by converting a submarine into an underwater bar. [Discovery News]
BAD DAY FOR:
Two parents attempt to scare their child in a laundromat by putting him in a washing machine, which turns on when they shut the door. [Gawker]
Fair-weather pet owningB
As the popularity of the Harry Potter series wanes, hundreds of Potter fans abandon their pet owls. [Geekosystem]
Harbor Patrol agents in California discover 4 tons of marijuana worth $3.6 million floating in the ocean, without a boat in sight. [Newser]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: May 18, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- The safest seats are at the back of the plane — and 5 other surprising facts about airline crashes
Subscribe to the Week