OOD DAY FOR:
Google's world domination
Google Chrome surpasses Windows Internet Explorer to become the most used web browser on Earth. [Tecca]
The oldest known Babe Ruth jersey sells for a record-breaking $4.4 million, making it the most expensive piece of sports memorabilia ever. [Business Insider]
Beer maker Guinness celebrates its 250th birthday by converting a submarine into an underwater bar. [Discovery News]
BAD DAY FOR:
Two parents attempt to scare their child in a laundromat by putting him in a washing machine, which turns on when they shut the door. [Gawker]
Fair-weather pet owningB
As the popularity of the Harry Potter series wanes, hundreds of Potter fans abandon their pet owls. [Geekosystem]
Harbor Patrol agents in California discover 4 tons of marijuana worth $3.6 million floating in the ocean, without a boat in sight. [Newser]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: May 18, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
Subscribe to the Week