Should politicians ever wear jeans?
Slate's Daphnee Dennis explores the history of lawmakers in denim, from Ronald Reagan's cowboy duds to Mitt Romney's "mom-ish jeans"
Mitt Romney speaks to Iowa steel workers: Countering President Obama's Bain attack, Romney released a web video illustrating how his private-equity firm helped the working class.
AP Photo/Chris Carlson
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
- The safest seats are at the back of the plane — and 5 other surprising facts about airline crashes
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
Subscribe to the Week