GOOD DAY FOR:
A hip-hop "Tomorrow"
Rapper Jay-Z is reportedly writing new songs for a movie based on Annie set to star Will Smith's daughter, Willow. [NME]
A 9-year-old Scottish girl shames her school into providing healthier lunches when her blog about its sub-par food goes viral. [Consumerist]
The second amendment
Conservative news site the Daily Caller counts down the weeks to the presidential election by giving away guns engraved with the Bill of Rights. [The Daily Caller]
BAD DAY FOR:
Primates on a plane
Passengers on a flight headed to China are delayed on the tarmac for four hours after a monkey escapes from its crate in the cargo hold. [New York Post]
Being fit for print
The New Orleans Times-Picayune announces it will cease daily publication, making New Orleans the largest American city without a daily newspaper. [Business Insider]
Staying together for the cats
An Israeli man divorces his wife because he can no longer stand the 550 cats she keeps in their home. [The Frisky]
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- House hunting: 7 stunning castles in Europe
Subscribe to the Week