GOOD DAY FOR:
A hip-hop "Tomorrow"
Rapper Jay-Z is reportedly writing new songs for a movie based on Annie set to star Will Smith's daughter, Willow. [NME]
A 9-year-old Scottish girl shames her school into providing healthier lunches when her blog about its sub-par food goes viral. [Consumerist]
The second amendment
Conservative news site the Daily Caller counts down the weeks to the presidential election by giving away guns engraved with the Bill of Rights. [The Daily Caller]
BAD DAY FOR:
Primates on a plane
Passengers on a flight headed to China are delayed on the tarmac for four hours after a monkey escapes from its crate in the cargo hold. [New York Post]
Being fit for print
The New Orleans Times-Picayune announces it will cease daily publication, making New Orleans the largest American city without a daily newspaper. [Business Insider]
Staying together for the cats
An Israeli man divorces his wife because he can no longer stand the 550 cats she keeps in their home. [The Frisky]
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- 9 delightful recipes from the 1950s you should make with your kids today
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
Subscribe to the Week