OOD DAY FOR:
A hip-hop "Tomorrow"
Rapper Jay-Z is reportedly writing new songs for a movie based on Annie set to star Will Smith's daughter, Willow. [NME]
A 9-year-old Scottish girl shames her school into providing healthier lunches when her blog about its sub-par food goes viral. [Consumerist]
The second amendment
Conservative news site the Daily Caller counts down the weeks to the presidential election by giving away guns engraved with the Bill of Rights. [The Daily Caller]
BAD DAY FOR:
Primates on a plane
Passengers on a flight headed to China are delayed on the tarmac for four hours after a monkey escapes from its crate in the cargo hold. [New York Post]
Being fit for print
The New Orleans Times-Picayune announces it will cease daily publication, making New Orleans the largest American city without a daily newspaper. [Business Insider]
Staying together for the cats
An Israeli man divorces his wife because he can no longer stand the 550 cats she keeps in their home. [The Frisky]
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- 10 things you need to know today: April 18, 2014
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
Subscribe to the Week