GOOD DAY FOR:
A hip-hop "Tomorrow"
Rapper Jay-Z is reportedly writing new songs for a movie based on Annie set to star Will Smith's daughter, Willow. [NME]
A 9-year-old Scottish girl shames her school into providing healthier lunches when her blog about its sub-par food goes viral. [Consumerist]
The second amendment
Conservative news site the Daily Caller counts down the weeks to the presidential election by giving away guns engraved with the Bill of Rights. [The Daily Caller]
BAD DAY FOR:
Primates on a plane
Passengers on a flight headed to China are delayed on the tarmac for four hours after a monkey escapes from its crate in the cargo hold. [New York Post]
Being fit for print
The New Orleans Times-Picayune announces it will cease daily publication, making New Orleans the largest American city without a daily newspaper. [Business Insider]
Staying together for the cats
An Israeli man divorces his wife because he can no longer stand the 550 cats she keeps in their home. [The Frisky]
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
Subscribe to the Week