OOD DAY FOR:
Culinary superstar and No Reservations host Anthony Bourdain gets a Sunday primetime show on CNN. [Death & Taxes]
Outsmarting Sir Isaac
A 16-year-old boy solves a 350-year-old math problem that had been deemed unsolvable by Sir Isaac Newton. [Discovery News]
An ironic photobomb
Mark Zuckerberg and Priscilla Chan turn up in the background of a Chinese TV documentary — though many Chinese may not recognize them, since Facebook is banned in China. [AP]
BAD DAY FOR:
Bovine party fouls
A herd of cows escape their farm and crash a Massachusetts resident's backyard barbecue, knocking over a table and drinking the spilled beer. [TIME]
Suffering for your "art"
Clint Eastwood's daughter Francesca receives death threats after she destroys a $100,000 Hermès Birkin bag with a chainsaw for an artsy photoshoot. [Newser]
A healthy breakfast
Taco Bell introduces its latest morning beverage, "Mtn Dew A.M.," which is a mixture of Mountain Dew and orange juice sold only before 11 a.m. as a "breakfast drink." [Consumerist]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: May 25, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 4 life hacks from ancient philosophers that will make you happier
- Russia's Ukraine invasion is a moral crisis
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The end of academic freedom?
- The Daily Show explains Hamid Karzai's 'Afghan Hustle'
- Can Paul Ryan's poverty blitz survive contact with reality?
Subscribe to the Week